Lisa Doherty, APRN, BC, OCN
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
450 Brookline Avenue
Boston, MA 02215
I have been a nurse practitioner at in the Center for Neuro-Oncology at Dana-Farber since 2001. I started my career as an oncology nurse at UMASS Medical in Worcester and have been in oncology ever since. I am passionate about the care of my patients and their families in providing a holistic, multidisciplinary approach to their care. I am co-chair of the Nurse Practice and Credentialing Committee and participate in the multidisciplinary care of our patients in the Center for Neuro-Oncology. I am an active member of the Oncology Nursing Society, Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society and The American Academy of Nurse Practitioners.
Education and Training
Saint Anselm College (BSN), 1997
UMass Medical School (MSN), 2001
Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN), 1998
Adult Nurse Practitioner (ANP), 2001
- Doherty L, Gigas DC, Kesari S, Drappatz J, Kim R, Zimmerman J, Ostrowsky L, Wen PY. Pilot Study of the combination of EGFR and mTOR Inhibitors in recurrent malignant gliomas. Neurology 2006;67;156-158.
- Kelly, S, Doherty, L. Boston Red Sox Magnet Moment. Essay. Medscape.com December 2007
- Quant, EC, Norden, AD, Drappatz, J, Muzikansky, A, Doherty, L, Lafrankie, D, Ciampa, A, Kesari, S, Wen, PW. Role of a Second chemotherapy in recurrent malignant glioma patients who progress on bevacizumab. Neuro-Oncology October 2009. 550-555
- Norden, AD, Drappatz, J, Ciampa, AS, Doherty, L, LaFrankie, DC, Kesari, S, Wen, PY. Colon Perforation during antiangiogenic therapy for malignant glioma. Neuro-Oncology August 2009.
- Drappatz, J, Wong, ET, Schiff, D, Kesari, S, Batchelor, TT, Doherty, L, LaFrankie, DC, Ramakrishna, N, Weiss, S, Smith, ST, Ciampa, A, Zimmerman, J, Ostrowsky, L, David, K, Norden, A, Barron, L, Sceppa, S, Black PM, Wen PY. A Pilot Safety Study of Lenalidomide and Radiotherapy for Patients with Newly Diagnosed Glioblastoma Multiforme. International Journal of Radiation Oncology. January 2009 73(1): 222-7.
- Doherty, L, LaFrankie, DC. Patient Safety Concerns for Cognitively Impaired Patients with Brain Tumors. Clinical Journal Of Oncology Nursing February 2010 14:1 (101-102).