Patricia Branowicki, MS, RN, NEA-BC, FAAN
Center/ProgramPediatric/Jimmy Fund Clinic
300 Longwood Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
I have been working in a combined role at Children’s Hospital Boston and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute since 2000. I started my career as a staff nurse at Milford-Whitinsville Regional Hospital and have served as a Nurse Manager and Director for various specialties including pediatrics, obstetrics, and medical services before beginning my tenure at Children’s/DFCI. I am co-chair of the Nurse Executive Board for Quality and the Nursing Council at DFCI and I serve as chair of the Nurse Executive Committee for Quality at Children’s Hospital Boston. I am an active member of the American Organization for Nurse Executives, Massachusetts Organization for Nurse Executives, and Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society. I am passionate about supporting the ongoing pursuit of clinical excellence and improving quality of care. Over the past several years, I have focused my efforts on integrating the pediatric oncology program between Children’s Hospital Boston and Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in order to ease the burden of the effects of cancer on patients and families.
Education and Training
Assumption College, (BSN), 1992
University of Massachusetts, (MS), 1995
Nurse Executive, Advanced (NEA-BC)
- Houlahan, K., Branowicki, P., Mack, J., Dinning, C., McCabe, M., (2006) Can End of Life Care (EOL) for the Pediatric Patient Suffering with Uncontrollable Symptoms Be Improved?. Journal of Pediatric Oncology Nurses, 23(1), 45-51.
- Richardson, D., Branowicki, P., Zeidman, L., Mahoney, J., MacPhee, M., (2006) Evidence Based Approach to Nasogastric Tube Management: Special Considerations. Journal of Pediatric Nursing, 21(5), 338-393
- Conley, S., Branowicki, P., Hanley, D. (2007) Nursing Leadership Orientation: A Competency Preceptor Model to Facilitate New Leader Success. Journal of Nursing Administration, 37(11), 491-498.
- Reid Ponte, P., Glazer, G., Dann, E., McCollum, K., Gross, A., Tyrrell, R., Branowicki, P., Noga, P., Winfrey, M., Cooley, M., Saint-Eloi, S., Hayes, C., Nicolas, P., Washington, D. (2007) The Power of Professional Nursing Practice – An Essential Element of Patient and Family Centered Care. The Online Journal of Issues in Nursing, 12(1), Manuscript 3.
- Harney, K. Branowicki, P., Neufeld, E., McCabe, M., Houlahan, K., Sporing, E. (2008) Clinical Impact of an Anticoagulation Screening Service at a Pediatric Tertiary Care Facility. Advances in Patient Safety!, AHRQ Patient Safety Research Publication. August 2008.
- Harney, K., McCabe, M., Kalish, L., Branowicki, P., Neufeld, E. (2008) Evaluation of Thrombosis Risk and Prophylactic Anticoagulation-Related Bleeding in Pediatric ICU and Post-Surgical Patients with Central Venous Catheters (CVCs). Association of Pediatric Hematology Oncology (May 14-17, 2008)
- Houlahan, K. and Branowicki, P. (2009). Care of the Child with Cancer. In Votroubek, W., Tabacco, A. (Eds). Pediatric Home Care 3rd Edition. Boston, MA, Jones and Bartlett Publishers, pp. 427-470.
- Branowicki, P., Conley, S., Houlahan, K. (2009) Nursing Care of Childhood Cancer Patients. In Orkin, S., Fisher, D., Look, A., Lux, S., Ginsburg, D., Nathan, D. (Eds). Oncology of Infancy and Childhood. Philadelphia, PA, Saunders Elsevier, pp. 1145-1174.
- Morrissey, L., Shea, J., Kalish, L., Branowicki, P., Heeney, M. (2009) Clinical Practice Guideline Improves the Treatment of Sickle Cell Disease Vasooclusive Pain. Pediatric Blood and Cancer. 52(3):369-372.
- Berger, A., Branowicki, P. (2009) Linking Equitability to Quality: The Development of a Pediatric Nursing E-Quality Measurement. Nursing Administration Quarterly: 33(1):18-25.
- Branowicki, P., Driscoll, M., Hickey, P., Renaud, K., Sporing, E. (2011). Exemplary Professional Practice Through Nurse Peer Review. Journal of Pediatric Nursing, (26)2: 128-136.