Abigail Slate Ciampa, APRN-BC
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
450 Brookline Avenue
Boston, MA 02215
I have been a nurse practitioner with the Center for Neuro-Oncology at Dana-Farber since 2006. I began my career as a program nurse in this department and then became a nurse practitioner. I am passionate about the care of my patients and their families in providing a holistic, multidisciplinary approach to their care. I am an active member of the Oncology Nursing Society, Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society and The American Academy of Nurse Practitioners.
Education and Training
Mount Holyoke College (BA), 2001
MGH Institute of Health Professions (MSN), 2006
- Daisy Award, 2007
- Partners in Excellence, 2007
- AD Norden, GS Young, K Setayesh, A Muzikansky, R Klufas, GL Ross, AS Ciampa, LG Ebbeling, B Levy, J Drappatz, S Kesari and PY Wen. Bevacizumab for recurrent malignant gliomas: Efficacy, toxicity, and patterns of recurrence. Neurology 2008;70;779-787
Quant, EC, Norden, AD, Drappatz, J, Muzikansky, A, Doherty, L, Lafrankie, D, Ciampa, A, Kesari, S, Wen, PW. Role of a Second chemotherapy in recurrent malignant glioma patients who progress on bevacizumab. Neuro-Oncology October 2009. 550-555
- C Lu-Emerson, A D Norden, J Drappatz, EC Quant, AS Ciampa, LM Doherty, DC LaFrankie, P Y WenRetrospective study of dasatinib in recurrent high-grade glioma (HGG) patients who failed bevacizumab, ASCO abstract 2010.
- J Bartolomeo, AD Norden, J Drappatz, AS Ciampa, LM Doherty, DC LaFrankie, EC Quant, R Beroukhim, PY Wen. Safety of concurrent bevacizumab therapy and anticoagulation in high-grade glioma patients, ASCO abstract 2010.
- AD Norden, J Drappatz, DC Fisher, P Armand, AS LaCasce, E Wong, AS Ciampa, S Hammond, LM Doherty, PY Wen. Pemetrexed as salvage therapy for CNS lymphoma, ASCO abstract 2010.