Michael Comeau, MS, RN, AOCN
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
450 Brookline Avenue
Boston, MA 02215
I have been an oncology nurse since I graduated from the Newton Wellesley Hospital School of Nursing. At that time I moved to New York City to work at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. Since 1989 I have worked in the pediatric program at Dana-Farber/Children's Hospital Cancer Center in both outpatient and inpatient settings. I have served in several capacities: staff nurse, clinical nurse specialist, and interim nurse manager in the Jimmy Fund Clinic. In 2010 I made a career change and moved into the adult program and am currently working on Yawkey 9 infusion.
Advanced Oncology Certified Nurse (AOCN), 2008
Certified Pediatric Oncology Nurse (CPON) , 2008
- Comeau, M. and Duncan, J. (1999) Perspectives on Pediatric Rehabilitation Cancer. In Edwards, P., Hertzberg, D. L., Hays, S.R. et al. Pediatric Rehabilitation Nursing. (pp. 453-493). Philadelphia, W. B. Saunders Co.
- Panzarella, C., Baggott, C.R., Comeau, M. et.al. (2002) Management of Disease and Treatment Related Complications. In C.R. Baggott, K.P. Kelly, D. Fochtman, et. al. (Eds.). Nursing Care of Children and Adolescents with Cancer. (3rd. edition, pp. 279-318). Philadelphia, W.B. Saunders Co.
- Wolfe, J., Hammel, J. Edwards, K., Duncan, J., Comeau, M., Breyer, J., Aldridge, S., Grier, H., Berde, C., Dussel, V. and Weeks, J. (2008) Easing of Suffering in Children with Cancer at the End of Life: A Follow-Up Study
- Comeau, M. Constipation: Telephone Triage Handbook (2010), APHON. Publishing pending
- Comeau M. Renal and Metabolic Symptom Management: Hypercalcemia. Pediatric Oncology Palliative and End of Life Care Resource. (2010) Children’s Oncology Group.